Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"Good Times" Layout featuring the Hello Blooms stamp set



This is a layout that I created for my July Cricut Class (Sat. July 27th at 9am).  I really wanted to use the new Hello Blooms stamp set (C1540).


I really liked the flowers and especially that they can all be cut using the Artiste cartridge, and of course the bird is just so cute.  I cut a bunch of flowers out of white cardstock and stamped them in various colors.  And of course, I popped some of them up with 3-D Foam Tape.


I also really wanted to use our new Chantilly Textiles on the page.  I was going to try cutting them on the cricut, but I could figure out how to incorporate that on my page.  So instead I used it as a "skirt" at the bottom of the page.


I just laid down a strip of 1/2" Scor-Tape, then starting at one end I just stuck the fabric to it "pleating/gathering" as I went.  On top of the fabric is a 1/2" strip of Brown Glitter Paper that I adhered with 3-D Foam Tape.

The Brown/Tan Glitter Paper has been a lot of fun to work with.  You get 1 - 12"x12" sheet of 3 different shades in a pack.  (I've got more artwork with the glitter paper that I will be posting over the next few days.)

As I was finishing up the page, I felt that it needed just one more thing.


So I added some pinwheels and a ribbon slide.

If you are local to Amelia, VA and want to take my Cricut Class, here are the details.
Saturday, July 27th from 9-11am
Cost is $10 if you own the Artiste cartridge
Cost is $20 if you don't own the Artiste cartridge and I will cut all of your papers ahead of time

This class is almost full so register now to attend.

Thanks for stopping by.  Tomorrow I am sharing the card that we will also make at this class.
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment