Thursday, July 11, 2013

Dress Card using the Artiste cartridge and Chantilly Textiles

In addition to the layout I shared yesterday this is the card that we will create at my July Cricut Class (Sat. July 27th at 9am).


I can't take credit for designing this card.  I "scrap lifted" it from another CTMH Consultant, Julie Reynolds.  Thanks Julie for the inspiration!

This card is so easy to make.  All images are cut from the Artiste cartridge; the dress form, the dress, and the oval.  I cut the dress form out of Cashmere cardstock, then sponged the bottom of it with Black ink.  The dress was cut from White cardstock and I cut off the skirt part.



Then I used a small rectangle piece of the pink fabric from the Chantilly Textiles as the skirt.  I used a small piece of Scor-Tape to "hem" each edge so that it had a nice rounded finish. Then just wrapped it around the cardstock to be the skirt of the dress.  I finished it off with a small strip of the Black Shimmer Trim (love this stuff - head's up we have 2 new colors coming out in the Autumn/Winter Idea Book)


If you are local to Amelia, VA and want to take my Cricut Class, here are the details.
Saturday, July 27th from 9-11am
Cost is $10 if you own the Artiste cartridge
Cost is $20 if you don't own the Artiste cartridge and I will cut all of your papers ahead of time




If you aren't local I can put together a kit for you.  Just add $5 the cost of either of the above options that apply to you.

This class is almost full so register now to attend.

Thanks for stopping by.
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment